In 1989, Helen Ackley decided to sell her old Victorian house in Nyack, New York. It didn’t go as planned. The house became the center of a case that’s referred to as “The Ghostbusters ruling.” The judicial opinion read: “as a matter of law, the house is haunted.”
For a transcript of this episode, send us an email with the episode name and number.
- Article Get $50 off your first order of $100 or more at Article.com/criminal
- Better Help Get 10 percent off your first month with discount code criminal at BetterHelp.com/criminal
- Hint Water Go to DrinkHint.com and get a free case (twelve 16oz bottles) when you buy two cases of Hint Water. Shipping is free. Just enter the code CRIMINAL at checkout.
- Progressive Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving
- Quip Go to getquip.com/CRIMINAL to get your first refill free.
- Simplisafe Protect your home today and get free shipping at SimpliSafe.com/CRIMINAL
- Squarespace Try Squarespace.com/criminal for a free trial and when you’re ready to launch, use the offer code CRIMINAL to save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- Sun Basket Go to sunbasket.com/criminal and enter promo code criminal at checkout for $35 off your order.
- Toyota Visit BuyAToyota.com to locate a dealer, search our inventory, and find all our current offers!
- Virtue Labs Visit VirtueLabs.com and use the code Criminal to receive 20% off plus free shipping on your Virtue order.