In May 1991, a bank robber walked into a bank in Irving, Texas, and without speaking handed the teller a note that read, “This is a bank robbery. Give me your money. No marked bills or dye packs.” Witnesses reported that the robber was wearing a cowboy hat and a brown leather jacket. And then it happened again. And again. But when FBI agents finally got a lead, they discovered that robber wasn’t who they expected at all.
We speak with writer Skip Hollandsworth and former FBI agent Steve Powell about Peggy Jo Tallas. To learn more, check out Skip Hollandsworth’s Texas Monthly article, “The Last Ride of Cowboy Bob.”
- Article Get $50 off your first order of $100 or more at Article.com/criminal
- Better Help Get 10 percent off your first month with discount code criminal at BetterHelp.com/criminal
- Progressive Get your quote online at Progressive.com and see how much you could be saving
- Quip Go to GetQuip.com/Criminal right now and get your first refill pack FREE with a QUIP electric toothbrush
- Ritual Visit ritual.com/CRIMINAL to start your ritual today and get 10% off during your first three months. That’s 10% off during your first three months at ritual.com/CRIMINAL
- Simplisafe Protect your home today and get free shipping at SimpliSafe.com/CRIMINAL
- Squarespace Try Squarespace.com/criminal for a free trial and when you’re ready to launch, use the offer code CRIMINAL to save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain.
- Sun Basket Go to sunbasket.com/criminal and enter promo code criminal at checkout for $35 off your order.
- Virtue Labs Visit VirtueLabs.com and use the code Criminal to receive 20% off plus free shipping on your Virtue order.
- ZipRecruiter Try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/criminal